Wednesday 15 August 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge (Day 15) : Anything !

Hey guys ! So today is the last day of Makeup Savvy's 15 day nail challenge (I can't believe it's all over !), and today we have been given the chance to do anything ! Yes, anything. Now I actually think that not having any guidelines as to what we should do on our nails is probably the most difficult challenge of all, and so I decided that I'd try doing a design that I've never attempted before ! So lo and behold, my "never attempted before" nails !


Yeah ! Tribal nails ! Now these sorts of designs were all the rage a few months ago, but I never actually tried it because I thought it looked much too time consuming, and everyone who was doing these manicures actually admitted that it took up loads of time. So I looked around yesterday after I'd decided what to do (it was a toss-up between a floral design and tribal nails), and searching through loads of different tribal manis, before coming up with something that I liked. I didn't want to inclued loads of polishes, and I didn't want to have to use tape to cut off sections, so I wanted to use my Models Own nail art pens as much as possible !


So the polishes I used for this tribal design were P2 Who Cares ?, OPI Big Apple Red, and then my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pens in black and white. I really like how this design turned out, and it didn't really take all that long to do, I've had previous manicures that have taken waaaay longer than than this did ! The fact that I kept the design relatively simple to do made it easy to have my right hand turn out just as well as my left hand, which I love !


Overall, I think that tribal designs are nothing to be afraid of ! Even a simple tribal design looks just as good as more intricate ones do, and for less effort as well (in my opinion anyway) ! I'm sure I'll carry on with tribal manicures in the future, and am looking forward to seeing what else I can come up with for these sorts of designs !

I hope you like this manicure as much as I do !

16 comments:

  1. very nice!

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you chose for this design! They look great for a first attempt! This reminds me too, I've not tried tribal ones yet. Sometime in future I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours you've used are so pretty together, absolutely love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is possibly my favourite of all the tribal nails I've seen - the colours you chose look amazing and they're so neatly done! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you very much ! I have to say, I'm quite proud of them !

      Delete
  5. Very, very cute! I love the colours too and your lines are so straight x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! The Models Own nail art pens are really great !

      Delete
  6. Your nails look so good! Love the color palette you worked with. I am so keen to try a tribal manicure, but I know that once I try to do it with my non-dominant hand it will become a huge fat fail :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you ! Honestly, striper brushes are the key ! Try moving your nail instead of the brush as well to give a straighter line !

      Delete
  7. How very cool! Tribal nails are one thing I haven't tried doing because they always look so daunting, especially while trying to get clean lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks haha ! They are honestly much less daunting than they look... I swear !

      Delete
  8. So happy that Fee came up with this challenge as otherwise i would have never come accross your blog. I am a new follower. I love this aztec manicure. so pretty!
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    p.s
    do you mind removing the 'captcha/word verification' setting? Since Blogger's recent changes, they also upgraded the strenght and difficulty of the captcha making it even harder to decipher. If you are concerned by spamming, you can still choose to set your comments on 'approval only' maybe? I hope this doesn't sound too cheeky for a request. It would make commenting a whole lot easier :) xx


    p.s
    I wanted to comment on your leopard print (day 8) and your mind blowingly beautiful gradient (day 10) but the captcha makes it hard work. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you ! I didn't even realise I had the captcha thingy activated (I'm always complaining about having to do it on other blogs haha), but I shall go and deactivate it straight away !

      Delete
  9. These are amazing!! I find these so insanely hard. Just invested in some better nail art products so hopefully I'll be able to try again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Honestly, if you plan out what you want your nails to look like in the end result, it is really sooo much easier during the execution !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...