Monday 27 August 2012

NOTD : Rainbow Nails

Hey there guys ! I've got some super bright nails for you today to go with the (kinda) really bright day we've had here in France ! My mum told me to do rainbows on my nails when I asked her what to do, and so I got out all the colours I needed and just painted away !


See what I mean about bright ? I love these so much, there's something about rainbow nails that's seriously intriguing ! They look seriously impressive from a distance as well, that being said, I wish I'd have used a slightly darker green, just to fit in because I think it looks a bit too light for the rest of the colours, but other than that I wouldn't have changed anything ! These nails remind me of the gradient nails I did during the 15 day nail challenge (which I loved) !


So for this rainbow design the polishes I used were OPI Alpine Snow for the base, to make sure that all the colours would show up properly when I painted them on. Then for the actual rainbow colours I used from red to purple were OPI Big Apple Red, OPI My Back Pocket, P2 Hug Me !, Kiko Acid Green, Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream and OPI Funkey Dunkey.


As a matter of fact there is something I would change about this mani : the incomplete red part on my ring finger, my OCD self can only look at that every time I look at my left hand ! I can't believe I didn't notice that until after I'd taken photos and everything !

And there we are, I hope you enjoyed today's nails, and I hope they cheered you up or made your day !

7 comments:

  1. These are so pretty (and neat), you're really imaginative with your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are stunning! really bright! lovely. The incomplete red bit doesn't bother me and I'm seriously ocd! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's nice of you to reassure me ! I'm trying my best to ignore it !

      Delete
  3. Hello, I am doing a 28 day nail art challenge in February, to help demonstrate a style I linked this post to mine. Thank you for being awesome!! Jilltastic
    http://www.jilltasticnaildesign.com/2012/12/nail-art-techniques-defined.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I have done this nail art before and it really works I f u have the time and patience.!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. could you please do tutorials

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...