Wednesday 5 September 2012

As Seen On : Chalkboard Nails

So at this current moment I am on holiday in Cologne (and will be for the next few days), so I've got a whole 6 days of scheduled posts for you, as part of an "As Seen On..." series. So from Monday to Saturday, I'll be featuring some of the very first nail blogs I started reading, bloggers who inspired me to start my very own nail art blog, and re-creating one of their manicures for each day of this series !

And yes, you've guessed right ! Today the blog I will be featuring and re-creating on my nails is Chalkboard Nails. Now anyone who's anyone should know who Sarah at Chalkboard Nails is, as over the past year or so she has become pretty much the most famous nails on the internet ! Her poses are unmistakable and characteristic to her blog, and the swatches and nail art she does is always flawless !


So I based these nails on Sarah's recent nail art swatches of the China Glaze On Safari collection, where she chose to use several polishes from the collection to create a "blinged out" glitter leopard print pattern. I don't actually own any of the On Safari collection, so I improvised for this design with polishes I do own and aimed for the same effect !


For this design I didn't use any China Glaze polishes, however I did use Accessorize Gold Dust, Barry M Mushroom and my Models Own Wah Nails nail art pen in black. I did contemplate mixing the Barry M colour with some orange to make a colour that was more similar to the one used in the original design, but then decided against it because the colour I mixed up looked like vomit !


Sarah did a tutorial for how she does leopard print ! Do have a look, she's amazing at it ! I prefer to use my nail art pens for leopard print, but I'll have to try using a dotting tool to see how it looks when I try it (stick to what you know and all that) !

And there it is ! Once again, another day, another post ! I hope you enjoyed this design, and don't forget to go and check out all of Sarah's tutorials, nail art and swatches ! They'll make you drool !

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your leopard style. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look amazing, i never thought about doing nail art on top of glitter polish - it's opened up a world of possibilities!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks ! Glitter really is a wonderful thing !

      Delete
  3. Amazing! I can't wait to try this myself :)

    www.iwishicouldwink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...