Sunday 19 May 2013

NOTD : Oh Splat !

Hey there everyone ! So I've had an absolutely manic week which explains why I haven't been able to post anything since Monday ! I went to visit some friends in Oxford earlier in the week, and then when I got back I had an essay due for the next day so I ended up having to pull an all-nighter (not something I would recommend, it was my first time and I suffered the next day) ! Everything was okay in the end though, and I got everything handed in in time ! And obviously last night was Eurovision so I was otherwise occupied there, and now I'm revising for a Russian exam I have tomorrow, happy days right ?! So anyway, I still somehow managed to fit in doing my nails at some point in the week, on Friday I think, so here you go !


I'm not sure where the inspiration for these nails came from, but I really like the way they've turned out, it was more time-consuming than the traditional splatter mani, but I still enjoyed doing it and making it look as though paint had just been thrown at my nails !


For this design I used OPI My Vampire is Buff for the base, then I used American Apparel Hassid and my nail art brush to paint on random blobs and dots here and there ! It was really quite simple, and doesn't require any real skill, I suppose you could even do it with just the brush from your bottle of nail varnish ! Simple !


So that's all I've got to show you today, I've got another busy week ahead of me (well, until Friday) but I'll try and fit something in all the same so that I can post at some point, here's hoping 

3 comments:

  1. Ouh, what a hectic week! But am glad you managed to squeeze time for a splat nail art! These are stunning! Love the classic yet always stylish colour combo as well as the fantastically done splat effects! Hope you'd have better weeks ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice splatters. Like the look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...