Monday 12 August 2013

Alphabet Nail Art Challenge : H for Houndstooth

Hey there everyone ! So it's Monday again and I can't believe it's already been a week since I first started this alphabet nail art challenge ! So as I mentioned yesterday, today's theme is houndstooth. I haven't done a houndstooth design since last Christmas so I was really excited to be able to do it again and here's what I came up with :


So I ended up doing the saran wrap method again like yesterday, and the whole design has actually unintentionally turned out looking a bit like a tweed jacket ! I really like the way it looks though, even though it wasn't really planned !



I started off with two coats of Essie Mint Candy Apple and used the saran wrap method with OPI Jade is the new Black on top of that. I then used black acrylic paint to draw on the houndstooth print. It really didn't take long to do at all, especially thanks to the acrylic paint which just glides on to the nails, and it is quite a simple design to do once you break down all the shapes !


Right, I'm off to bed now as I'm super-tired ! I had to get up early today and I still haven't recuperated from my busy weekend (oh woe is me), so I really need to get to bed now ! I'll be back again tomorrow though, with an ikat design, ugh... I really don't like ikat, it never turns out how I want it to !

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love that you did something different than the usual black and white! The different shades of green really make this amazingly awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...