Tuesday 17 September 2013

Weather Nails

Hey there everyone ! So by now I'll probably be eating out with my Mum at a restaurant in Bath (probably Gourmet Burger Kitchen, there's no arguing with 40% student discount), having travelled all the way over from France on the ferry (and catching the early morning ferry so having to get up at 5:30am, ugh) and moved all my stuff into my new home for the academic year ! Today I have some nails I came up with a couple of weeks ago... guess what it was inspired by !


So the weather has been really changeable both here in France and in the UK over the past two weeks or so, suggesting the start of Autumn and what better way to honour the beginning of the new season than to do some changeable weather nails ?!


For the sunshine nails I started with a base of OPI Can't Find My Czechbook and filed in the sun with P2 Hug Me, for the rainy nails I used a base of OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam, P2 GLory and Essie Lapiz of Luxury, as well as a small dash of American Apparel T-Shirt. I used black acrylic paint for all the outlining and the little birds (the ones on my middle finger didn't turn out great, the acrylic paint was starting to dry up and started going lumpy).


My favourite nails are definitely the rainy ones, I love the way the shimmery grey/blue works as a background ! I'd definitely wear those rainy nails as one whole design ! Currently (as of Monday night), the weather looks like its going to be AWFUL and windy and pretty gross throughout most of the week so lucky me !

Tune in tomorrow for the first of my tutorials I have planned for you over the coming days ! See ya then ! Byeeeee !

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Best ones are definitely the rainy ones - love the cartoony effect on the rain droplets and that grey is perfect for the gloomy skies :D
    And I agree - the weather's becoming quite...erm... unpleasant here also. Wishing you luck for the next couple rainy days and can't wait for those tutorials :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute! I also love the rainy ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...